Full descriptions sorted by card rank.
Queen of Hearts
- The strategist will prove their tactical and mental fortitude through a series of strategy games played against their opponents in this competition.
- The Realms has over thirty years of lore. People, places, gods, threats, events, and much, much more. This tournment is for those who fancy themselves to be masters of Realms history to prove what they know, and that they know more than their opponents.
- You will be performing on the stage during the non-com presentations. We will have a basic sound system that you can use. See the main page for this year's category.
Banners & Heraldry for the Queen
- This tournament is judged based on two things. The garb of the Queen of the team and the main banner of the team, which must be at least 2' x 2'.
- Our own take on "Chopped". Two entrants are allowed from each team who will work together as chef and sous chef. They
will receive a "mystery basket" full of ingredients; an eclectic selection of proteins, vegetables, starches, and spices.
In one hour's time, they must put together two servings of the same dish for presentation to the judges.
Entrants may only use the ingredients in their baskets, but all cooking tools must be provided
by the competitors. Entrants may also bring any equipment to cook on, including charcoal for the on-site
fire pit, but all food preparation must be done in a designated area in front of the judges.
The entries will be judged on taste, presentation, and creativity.
- This competition honors those who claim mastery of the art of poker. A poker tournament will take place in the evening which will include the gamblers and possibly entrants in other competitions as well.
- Each team's entrant for the foam-smith tournament will make a weapon or weapon-set. They may be used in Champions, One Man, One Woman and Couples. See the main page for this year's category. You must submit a one-paragraph writeup with your entry explaining your design choices and your constuction techniques.
- Each team's entrant for the armourer tournament will be asked to make a piece or suit of armour. The armour should be modeled and also available for inspection at the eventholder's request (probably Sunday Morning). It must be boff-safe and legal. The armour should be made before the event, but should be virtually unused. See the main page for this year's category. You must submit a one-paragraph writeup with your entry explaining your design choices and your constuction techniques.
- Queen of Hearts must be the first event the Garb you are entering has been to. See the main page for this year's category. You must submit a one-paragraph writeup with your entry explaining your design choices and your constuction techniques.
- You create a prop of some kind. The category this year is a Familiar which must roughly adhere to the guideline of the spell "A stuffed or toy animal that must be at least 4" tall". You must submit a one-paragraph writeup with your entry explaining your design choices and your constuction techniques.
- The marksman will compete in several events that involve accuracy when hitting a target. Live archery, for which they must use a non-compound bow with a draw weight of 30 pounds or less (without any add-on items to increase accuracy), and some other target skills as well. Each event will be scored individually by ranking and the highest overall score will determine the winner of this tournament.
- The athlete will compete in several events that involve physical skill, strength, and athleticism. Elements of the old Strongman tournament are now in Athlete. The running competition has been placed inside this tournament as well. Each event will be scored individually by ranking and the highest overall score will determine the winner of this tournament.
- A favorite from many years ago makes a reappearance at Queen of Hearts this year! Modeled after the popular game show “Whose Line is it Anyway?” the comedy-oriented competitors in this competition will be asked to create improvisational, Realms-themed humor for the delight of the crowd. The most consistently funny, quick-witted entrant will win this challenge.