Queen of Hearts
Full descriptions sorted by card rank.
Incorporating many aspects of the Champions competition and the Mages competition together, the Aces competition may have up to four individuals from a team competing and cooperating to win the most competition points and receive cards for each of the suits of the Aces.
Any four (or less) individuals from a team may compete as Aces. These four people must be designated by the beginning of the first tournament on Saturday. Also, each of the individuals must be identified by a single suit. A team will have an Ace of Spades, of Hearts, of Diamonds, and of Clubs. This designation is important within the tournament for score keeping but it doesnít particularly matter which person is which Ace. If a team has less than four people competing in this competition, they will not have a representative for each of the Ace suits.
The Aces will compete as individuals and as a cooperative group in lots of different challenges. A few of the challenges will involve the entire group of Aces working together but in any challenge where less than the whole group competes, including challenges for individuals, the group will get to decide which Aces compete and therefore who has the potential to gain points from those challenges.
While the Aces work together to decide who is in what competition or join together in group competitions, each Ace has their points totaled separately. The Ace of each suit with the most points will win the competition for that suit. It becomes important, therefore, to develop a strategy of distributing Aces amongst competitions so that as many of them as possible can get the points necessary to win their suit.
The points within this competition will be openly displayed to competitors throughout the competition so that groups of Aces can constantly make informed decisions about who to enter into different challenges.
One Man Tourney
The best male fighters from each team compete against each other
to determine who is the best. You should expect to fight with different
weapon styles and in both armored and unarmored combat.
One Woman Tourney
- The best female fighters from each team compete against each other to determine who is the best. You should expect to fight with different weapon styles and in both armored and unarmored combat.
- You have to be willing to kiss each other. In public. Possibly a great many times. You also fight other couples from other teams, of course. You should expect to fight with different weapon styles and in both armored and unarmored combat.
One Path Tourney
- To Compete in this tournament you must have between 1 and 5 spells and a light weapon restriction. Competitors will fight one another in unlimited fights.
Two Path Tourney
- To Compete in this tournament you must have between 6 and 10 spells and a medial weapon restriction. Competitors will fight one another in unlimited fights.
Three Path Tourney
- To Compete in this tournament you must have at least 11 spells and a severe weapon restriction. Competitors will fight one another in unlimited fights.
- Your newbie must have started eventing since last year's Queen of Hearts. They will be asked not only to demonstrate their prowess in combat, but also their knowledge of the rules, etiquette (unwritten rules) and Realms history & current events (both in and out of character.) How well do you prepare the people you bring into the Realms?
Knights' and Squires' Tournament
- A Knight and Squire may enter this tournament. They will compete both as a team and individually in several types of combat. Beyond combat, entrants will be tested on their individual perceptions of their knighthoods and what they mean. A knight does not have to enter with his/her specific squire, but if he/she does, it is worth a small bonus.
Spirit & Steel Tournament
- A spellcaster and a fighter team up in this traditional two-person team competition. They will compete as a team and individually in various forms of combat.
Individual Weapon Styles
- Each of these four weapon styles have their own tournament wherein individual competitors must use that style: Single Short, Florentine (mixed), Sword & Shield, and Hand and a Half. If you compete as an individual in a weapon style you may not also compete in the squad for that same weapon style (see below).
Squad Weapon Styles
- The same four weapon styles as above also have squad competitions. A three-person squad must all use the same weapon style and compete together against other teamís three-person squads. There are three-person squads for Single Short, Florentine (mixed), Sword & Shield, and Hand and a Half. If you compete in a squad for a weapon style you may not also compete in the individual tournament for that same weapon style (see above).
- "RATs" are Rogues, Assassins, and Thieves. The skills normally associated with these professions will be the most useful here. Your team must keep the identity of the RAT as secret as possible. Be ready for anything, folks.
- You must win 3 out of five fights against your opponent. You have a choice of five weapons (dagger, single short, florentine, sword & shield and hand and a half) for each fight, but once you use a weapon combo, it may not be used again. In the first fight, both fighters pick their weapons simultaneously. After the first fight, the person that won the previous fight must pick first, and their opponent can choose which weapons they want to counter with.
Boffer Archery Tourney
- Are you the best archer in the realms? Can you prove it by killing other archers? You must have your own bow to participate. This tournament will involve both combat and some accuracy and skill competition.
- Kids are welcome at Queen of Hearts! This tournament is for children ages 7-12. This is the one tournament that teams may enter as many entrants as they want. In the spirit of having fun, it will not be run in a competitive fashion - there will be no "losers" in this tourney. Children will participate in some light combat and other fun activities. Teams earn 1 point per page entered in the Pages Tourney. Please pre-reg if you are going to bring pages so we can prepare the right number of activities.
- If there is enough time (and energy) in the evening, we will have a short nightquest. Nightquest's need NPCs. For each NPC that your team donates (up to 10), you will recieve a point.