Feast of the Leviathan XX
January 13, 2018
- Site opens at 11:00am and event begins at 12:00pm. Event ends at 9:00pm.
- JN Webster Boy Scout Camp - Ashford, CT.
- $30. Kids under 15, $15. Kids under 10, free.
Contact People / Event Holders:
Jason Rosa - Eventholder
2 Webber Rd
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lani Grayson - Feastocrat
2 Webber Rd
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
email to email@example.com
Greeting, my friends,
The first Feast of the Leviathan I presented in these lands was many years ago. It was a small gathering,
mostly southerners who were close friends of mine. The number of guests couldn't have possibly have been
much beyond thirty. In the past two decades, Leviathan has seen a lot of changes pass it by. It's been held
under four different banners and hosted in five different halls each bigger than the last. It's seen knights and
nobles and entire nations introduced in it's courts. It's seen threats to the Realms beat down its doorstep
and its borne witness to some of the greatest joys and triumphs our community has experienced, In those
years Feast of the Leviathan has grown far beyond a humble gathering for a few friends into one of the
bookmarks of our year. A time to celebrate the achievements of the twelve months that have past and look
forward to the good times and adventures that the coming year holds.
Twenty years is a long time. Fully half my life and equal to the time that I have been a part of this community
of ours. It seems like a Herculean charge to try and do honor to the score of history that Feast of the
Leviathan has made. I couldn't even begin to imagine how I would do it. Thankfully, I didn't have to. Sir
Gwen has never been one to shy away from an undertaking, no matter the difficulty, and though hers was
the burden of bringing acclaim to nineteen years of Leviathans past, she merely asked to be unleashed upon the
task. Gwen has planned an ambitious menu with a fervor, joy, and passion I have never seen in her before.
Her goal is simply stated, to bring back, reimagine, and elevate all of Leviathan's most popular dishes in its
storied history. For my own small part in this endeavor I will do my best to make sure the day is full of
entertainment and enjoyment for all who make the journey South.
As I look around the hall this year I expect to see the faces of a few close friends who were there at the first
Feast of the Leviathan and who have done me the honor of being in attendance ever since. But no matter
when you first made your way into these Realms and no matter when you first decided to make Leviathan a
part of your own yearly tradition, I look forward to your presence in a couple short weeks in Southland,
Rhiassa for Feast of the Leviathan number twenty.
Leviathan with you,
Lord Sir Aeston and Lady Dame Areni Stromgate
Please preregister any dietary restrictions that you have before 12/31. Otherwise we may not be able to
cater to your needs.
Some important things to note:
1) Much like last year, we will be allowing nations to reserve tables based on their expected seating needs.
Each table has sufficient seating for six. In order to reserve tables, we require two paid per-registrations per
table you would like to reserve as well as a nation/group name to go with the reservation. Please coordinate
with your group and if you pre-reg with paypal, please include the reservation info in your notes.
2) Servants: We are always in need of servants, both experienced and new, to help the day run successfully.
Servants get free entry into the festivities and are also paid a wage in gold for their day's work. Please
respond individually if you would like to apply to serve.
3) Servant Competition: We are continuing an old Realms tradition of having the servants compete for your
favor, this year its back again. Each table will have a small bowl of red gems at it. If you find your service to
be exemplary throughout the day, please, along with your customary tips, give one of the red gems to your
servant to increase their score in this competition.
4) Feast Gear and Table Decor: Please plan to leave your feast gear at home this year. We will be providing a
fully decorated banquet hall with place settings. Tables will already be decorated with tablecloths and
centerpieces but you are welcome to bring your own decor as well.
5) Vendors: There is a great deal of room for vendors to set up this year. All are welcome. Please send me a
note expressing your intent to come as well as an idea of the number of tables that you will need. The
Rhiassa Shop, the Gilded Lion, will be there with our stock of Realms board games. Remember, at Feast of
the Leviathan, Wooden Scales are worth double at the Rhiassa Shop!
6) Carnival: The Gilded Lion Carnival will return this year with its various games! One gold will get you three
tokens to play games with and tickets that you win can be cashed in for prizes or for a raffle to win gold!
7) Table Games: Each dining table will have on it a couple of family games that you are welcome to play with
your friends and nation members. A variety of small casual dice, card, and strategy games will be there for
you to enjoy at your leisure. Feel free to trade with other tables, as well, so you can experience all of them.
8) Community Courses: For the appetizer and dessert courses this year, what is served at your table
might very well be a bit different than your neighbors' offerings. We'll be presenting you with enough to
share so please be encouraged to rise from your seats and make both of these courses a bit more of a
social occasion as your invite people nearby to partake of what you have on your plate.
9) Merchant Barons: Inspired by its success last year, this year we are bringing back Merchant Barons of
Rhiassa. In this persistent game participants will each receive a bag of coins with unknown values. The goal
is to trade with other participants in a favorable way so as to end up with the highest value in your bag at
the end of the day. We'll have enough for 50 people to play and we would love to fill the game up to it's
10) Casino and Stacked Deck Poker: The Chimeron Royal Casino, hosted by Sir Wil, will make its first every
appearance at Feast of the Leviathan this year. As usual the casino will be large and busy so bring your gold
and be ready to play. We will also be hosting the first Stacked Deck poker tournament of the year.
11) Combat Tournaments: Like last year, the Feast of the Leviathan staff will be offering a small array of
group combat tournaments for those who feel like dusting off their armor a bit in the winter.
12) Non-Combat Tournaments: As usual, we will have an extensive set of puzzles that are sure to keep
everyone busy and engaged throughout the day. There will also be the familiar Leviathan mainstays such as
the bardic, riddle, and drawing tournaments and a newbie trivia tournament as well.
13) Adventurers Guild: The Adventurers Guild will be making an appearance for a few hours this year, They
will be offering a quests or two which requires the expertise of the Realms' finest heroes, and of course
they will pay well for those services.
14) Heroes of the Western Flank: A couple years ago we began a tradition of showing our appreciation to
the members of the Realms for their service to the community as NPCs. Once again this year we will be
asking those of you who have NPCd in the past year to fill out a questionnaire, and as thanks, participate in
a raffle for a variety of prizes.
15) Children: Children are more than welcome at Feast of the Leviathan. Any child 10 and under is admitted
for free and children 15 and under have a reduced admission of $15. There will be a play area set up for
young children, with foam flooring, in a safe corner of the hall.
16) View Awards: Feast of the Leviathan is proud, as always, to host the View awards! Please don't forget to
vote at RealmsNET.
This is a dry site. No alcohol may be brought on site for any reason. All real world laws
are strictly enforced at this site and camp staff will involve the authorities if necessary.
No pets are allowed on site.
JN Webster Boy Scout Camp -- Ashford, CT
Taking 84 W: Get off exit 72 (Westford) in CT. Follow Rt 89 South
until the intersection with Rt 44. Take a left at the light. Camp is
on the left at the top of the hill, about 1000ft after Midway Pizza.
Taking 84 E: Get off exit 69 onto Rt 74. Travel east of 74 and turn
left on rt 44 at the light. Camp is on the left at the top of the
hill, about 1000ft after Midway Pizza.
Taking 395 S: Take exit 97 (Putnam) onto Rt 44W through the towns of
Putnam, Pomfret, and Eastford. The camp is on the right in Ashford,
just past the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.